Frequently Asked Questions by Models
What service does Amara Models provide?
Amara Models is a booking platform where photographers can book models. We offer our support to photographers in finding models, making bookings and help resolve any issues. We find international (freelance) models to join us and give them a way to present themselves and accept bookings. In this way, we build an exclusive and trusted community and connect our members through Amara Members. Amara Members is our web and mobile community app – powered by Mighty Networks.
How can I join?
Check out this page for information about how to become a model on our platform.
How can I get featured / what is a Promo Package?
Getting featured is a great way to increase your chances on being booked. Your profile will be randomly shown on the homepage, in the top search results, in our newsletter and on Amara Members.
When you submit your profile and we approve it, you will get featured on the homepage for free during the first 14 days. If you want to extend this or get featured again later on, simply buy a Promo Package. You pay a one time, non-refundable fee to post your profile with a Promo Package. A Promo Package will not be automatically renewed.
How does booking work and how do I get paid?
Amara Models acts as a payment agent for bookings through our platform. This gives you more security on getting paid for shoots and cancellations.
When a customer wants to book you, we ask you whether you are available. If you confirm a booking, we accept payment from the customer on your behalf. We keep the model rate safe until shortly after the shoot date. In case of issues, the customer may ask us to help resolve these. We are entitled to resolve these disputes. In worst case – for instance if you don’t show up – we may grant the customer a (partial) refund of the model rate.
After 24 hours after the shoot date, the model rate is released to you. You can choose whether you would like to receive it through PayPal or by bank. This may take a few days. We do not cover any bank or PayPal charges for receiving payments. Usually bank transfers are cheaper.
You are entitled to charge travel expenses and a buy-out for commercial use of the pictures. In case a shoot takes longer than booked, you are entitled to 50 euro per extra hour shoot time. Payment of these amounts you need to arrange with the customer yourself.
In case you need or agreed to, you can provide the customer with an invoice for your model rate. It might be best to wait with invoicing until after the shoot date. In case of cancellation, you then do not need to make any corrections. Do pay attention to possible VAT obligations in your situation.
What is the cancellation policy?
We want to offer customers reliability, so cancellation of confirmed bookings should be kept to a minimum at all times and only in case of force majeure. Should you need to change the date of the shoot, then you can discuss this with the customer. You need to inform us by email at [email protected] in case you change date or cancel all together, so we can refund the customer your model rate. We will keep track of your cancellations and may choose to remove your profile from our platform.
We also ask for customers to respect bookings, but they are allowed to cancel. You will then receive the non-refunded part of the model rate according the following schedule:
– up to 21 days before the shoot customers can cancel for free so you will not receive compensation for the model rate
– between 20 and 2 days before the shoot you get 50% of your model rate
– after that (so 1 or 2 days before the shoot) you get 100% of your model rate
You are in any case entitled to get repayment for any (travel) expenses you have made for that booking with the customer’s approval. If possible we will deduct this from the customer’s refund and remit this amount to you as well. You need to inform us by email at[email protected] of any travel expenses immediately upon cancellation by a customer.
How should I handle VAT and invoices?
Invoicing for model rates is something you are responsible for, as you offer these services independently to the customer. You should decide for yourself and in your situation if you need to provide an invoice for your administration and if you need to charge VAT.
Customers can also request an invoice or receipt from you for your model rate. You need to handle these request yourself. In most situations, it might be best to wait with invoicing until after the shoot date and receiving your model rate. In case of refunds, you then do not need to make any corrections. Do pay attention to possible VAT obligations in your situation.
We are not responsible for paying any taxes or VAT on your model rate and only send customers an invoice for our own services.
What are the terms and conditions?
Read these FAQ’s for quick information. Our terms and conditions govern all of our services, so be sure to read these too!
How do you share my personal information?
As we operate a booking platform, we collect and use your information to operate, but we are careful about your privacy on our website. You just need to make sure you correctly enter the information in your account and when submitting your profile in the designated fields, as we use this to publicly display information about you.
– We will not share the information under ‘Billing Details’.
– We display your name on our website, based on the First name and the first letter of the Last name, or the Display name under your ‘Account Details’.
– The biography, avatar and links to social profiles are shown on your member page on our website.
When posting your profile:
– We will create a profile page linked to you that is visible to other users.
– Your social profiles and a map with the location you enter in the submission form are displayed on the casting page. The phone number, website link and contact email fields of the form are not displayed.
– If you enter any details in other fields of the submission form, such as in the ‘Title’ or ‘About You’ fields, these are visible as we display these fields on your profile page.
– We will place a contact form on your profile page with a button ‘Contact Me’. If someone sends a message, you will receive their details to get in touch with them, we will not send them any of your details.
When contacting another member or booking a model:
– If you send someone else a message through the ‘Contact Me’ form on their casting or profile, they will receive the message, your name and your email to get in touch with you. You can control these fields in the contact form.
– If you book a model, we provide the model with your Display name and email address to get in touch. We will not share any other information, such as your phone number, billing and payment details, unless we are legally obliged to.
When using Amara Members